How to Register
Access is for University of Akron School of Law students and employees.
1. Go to CVN Law School website.
2. Click on SIGN UP in the top right corner.
3. Select University of Akron from the list of schools.
4. Fill out your information. You must use your University email address (@zips.uakron.edu or @uakron.edu) to create an account.
Training Libraries Content
Trial Advocacy Training
1. Opening Statements
2. Direct Exam
3. Direct of Expert
4. Cross Exam
5. Closing Arguments
Rules of Evidence Training
1. Article I- general provisions
2. Article IV- Relevance and Its Limits
3. Article V- Privileges
4. Article VI- Witnesses
5. Article VII- Opinions and Expert Testimony
6. Article VIII- Hearsay
7. Article IX- Authentication and Identification
8. Article X- Contents of Writings, Recordings, and Photographs
Appellate Advocacy Training
1. Petitioner's Argument
2. Respondent's Argument
3. Multiparty Arguments
4. Questions from the Bench
What is CVN Law School?
CVN Law School is the academic portal for Courtroom View Network. CVN Law School provides students and faculty with a next-generation legal learning platform by integrating text, audio, video, and rich media into an easily searchable and browsable database.
|Large collection of opinions typically cited in 1L and 2L courses. Listen to the opinion on your computer, any mobile device or download the MP3 files and listen on the go. An edited judicial opinion, brief fact summary and rule of law are provided for each case. Browse by subject, casebook title or search by keywords.|
To access: Log into the CVN Law School portal. Click on Audiocasefiles at the top or scroll to the bottom of the CVN page to browse audio by subject or casebook. On the AudioCaseFiles page there is a search box for searching case name or citation.
|You can watch thousands of hours of real courtroom trials, hearings, and oral arguments, streamed directly to your computer.|
To access: Log into the CVN Law School portal. Click on Video at the top or scroll to the bottom of the CVN page to browse video by jurisdiction, judge, practice area, industry, law firm, lawyer or party. After selecting a video, choose between clips of attorneys, witnesses and experts.
|The CVN Training Libraries stream online real trial video highlights with commentary and analysis keyed to a breakdown of trial advocacy, litigation training, and rule of evidence topics. With these libraries you can see the best practitioners in action and learn which techniques they are employing in the courtroom.|
There are 3 Training Libraries to choose from:
1. Trial Advocacy- select a stage of trial and then select a trial technique. A list of video clips displays with a short description. Most of the clips are 5 minutes or less.
2. Rules of Evidence- select an Article then click on the Rule.
3. Appellate Advocacy- select a stage of the proceeding and then select a skill.
To Access: Log into the CVN Law School portal. Click on Training at the top. Decide which of the three libraries you wish to use. Read the short instructions above each library button before entering the library.