Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Connecting to Bloomberg
Available to University of Akron users both on and off campus without setting up an account. If you want to save searches, law students, faculty and staff can set up an account using their Akron Law email address.
NOTE: There is currently a problem with the proxied link for off campus use. Law students can set up a username and password
. Other users can try clicking the link twice, but the best bet is to set up VPN access
Tutorials, Training and Guides
Natural Language and Terms and Connectors on Bloomberg Law
Bloomberg Law recognizes terms and connectors AND natural language. As the default, Bloomberg Law interprets the search statement as natural language. It will interpret the search statement as terms and connectors if:
- AND or OR or NOT is used in capital letters.
- Other search operators are used, such as "", S/, P/, N/x. However, /s, /p etc. work just as well in Bloomberg Law.
Bloomberg Password Restrictions
The Bloomberg Law database for law students does not have an "academic use only" restriction. Law students can use Bloomberg Law to conduct research for internships, employment, and for schoolwork.
- Graduating Students: unlimited, unrestricted access for 6 mos. after graduation. For 2020 graduates, extended access through June 1, 2021.
- Continuing Students: unlimited, unrestricted access over the summer.
- Note: access is automatic for both grads & continuing students, no need to do anything else!